Monday, August 29, 2011

Sharing the Love

I'm published with four e-publishers, plus I belong to a number of other writers' email lists. Practically every day I see a message from some author crowing about his or her first release. I always try and chime in with at least a brief note of congratulations.

I'm sincere, too. I remember what the first book felt like. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven when I held that paperback in my hands and saw my pen name on the cover. I don't doubt that my newly-published colleagues feel equally thrilled.

When my first book came out, I had nobody to whom I could brag. This was in 1999 - before social networks, or Yahoo groups, or anything similar. I hadn't even joined the Erotica Readers and Writers Association yet. In fact, I found them while looking for ways to market my novel.

Things have really changed. It's so much easier to get the word out now. And yes, there are many more aspiring authors who now have the ability to publish their visions and share them with the world. There's a lot more competition, of course, but readers are not a limited resource. From what I can see, the best way to turn on more readers is to publish more books!

Anyway, I'm glad that it's so easy now to share the love, to encourage my fellow authors and recognize the results of their hard work. Meanwhile, I'm inviting any newly published author who reads this blog to contact me about being a guest here at Beyond Romance. You don't have to write erotica or erotic romance. I'm happy to host mystery, thriller, humor, pretty much any kind of fiction except for YA, if you don't mind being behind an adult warning page.

If you're interested, you'll find my contact information on my web site. Just shoot me an email and we'll schedule a date!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're doing a great job for all of these new writers, keep going1

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! (And if you're having trouble commenting, try enabling third-party cookies in your browser...)