Saturday, August 13, 2016

One, two, three, a writer’s life for me (#bdsm #writing #guestblog)

Playing Dirty cover


By Taisha Demay (Guest Blogger)

Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Taisha Demay and I’m a writer. Although I can honestly say that almost didn’t happen, but I’ll get on to that in a minute. The writing bug bit me at the age of sixteen when I lucked out and published my first short story and earned a whopping fifty dollars. I know it doesn’t sound like much, but for the year 1978, it was a lot.

I didn’t start out wanting to be a writer, I actually wanted to become a fashion designer, a fact my collection of Vogue and Women’s Wear Daily and other high fashion publications could attest. I even majored in art and fashion design in high school and college. I loved the idea of someone walking down the runway in something I created, it had been a lifelong dream of mine. I was even responsible for designing my aunt's cruise wear in which I am proud to say, she loved. And much later the bug kinda got squashed. Oh it didn’t die a painful death, it just got crushed by an Army boot and stayed embedded in it for six years never ever to be rescued, although I still draw on occasion as well as paint. I am crafty and love to knit, crochet and work with my hands.

The way I ended up becoming published was pretty unconventional, I entered a contest in which I had to come up with a caption for a picture that had been posted. The prize was a publishing contract for a year. Ecstatic that I’d won, I hit the ground writing so to speak, and submitted what I thought was my best work. Unfortunately I was mistaken. You see the manuscript hadn’t been properly written or edited. That’s why it’s important to proof read and hire a good editor. Something I thought I’d done, and paid someone whom I thought would help to take the story from being a rusty penny to a bright and shiny copper one. Nope, I was wrong. What actually happened was, she promptly took my money, did a half-assed job then to add insult to injury the publisher slapped an ugly cover on it and released it. I am happy to say I promptly got out of that contract and found a publisher who actually cares about the quality of the work it’s authors put out.

To say that my first publishing experience has jaded me, is an understatement. There have even been times when I really wanted to throw in the towel. But fortunately I have the best author friends that are willing to talk me off the ledge when I need it and I remember why I got into this business in the first place, because of the power of the printed word and my love of books, period. Recently I became a full-time writer because before that, I was an angry bitch, as my husband used to say and I am beyond happy that I get to spend hours creating characters that make me smile.

The things I can say about writing as a whole is a well-written story can make the most mundane location seem exotic as well as make the reader a part of the story. It can also make them feel a whole gambit of emotions, they laugh, cry and even scream at the characters like they’re real people. And make the most misunderstood villains become friends and they root for them to get their happily ever after or some much needed therapy. And when they don’t, well we wait with bated breath for the follow-up to be released. Fortunately, I try my best to end most my stories on a happy note.

My latest release Love, Truth and Consequences: Playing Dirty, is book two of the interracial series: Love, Truth and Consequences. All BDSM themed stories about women who are considered ‘good girls’ that fall for men as it turns out, they knew nothing about. Most of my stories are set in New York City, why, because it’s where I was born and even though I now reside in the south, my heart is and always will be in the Empire State.

Blurb

Anxious for a career change, Katrina Locklear applies for a new position of Decimal Accounting Services Financial Officer Miller Greenfield. Miller is both intrigued and aroused by the beauty who has thrown his emotions off-kilter. Can Katrina and Miller keep things professional or will they risk it all by mixing business with pleasure?

Excerpt

Miller tied both wrists to the headboard, skimming the silk up her cheek, he covered her eyes with the material, securing the cloth behind her head in a lazy knot.

She lay there vulnerable, longing for his touch. Finally, he touched her, lowering his fingers to the valley of her breasts, tracing a line over each nipple after that tracing a path across her stomach. His soft lips caressed her forehead than brushed her mouth. He kissed her neck, and she shuddered with pleasure. His fingers tickled her sensitive inner thighs and she realized he was tracing his name on her hot skin. Branding his property. He repeated the movements on her stomach, her breasts and moving down to her pussy. She was now completely his and he planned to savor every square inch of her.

Trina wanted him to take her so badly she began to feel real physical pain. Suddenly his hands were gone. Wanting to cry out. She forced her lips to remain closed. She was not a woman who easily begged. After a moment, she felt his naked body against hers and yearned to touch him, but her bonds denied her that privilege. In an instant his lips were on hers, his tongue exploring the depths of her mouth. She breathed in his scent, an aroma that had become familiar to her.

She could feel his fingers between her legs. She gasped as he slowly began to stroke her pussy. Feeling her climax growing, her body stiffened, but he didn’t make it easy for her. Just when she thought she would finally he stopped and she groaned pushing her hips upward to meet his fingers that were no longer there.

About Taisha Demay

Born and raised in Jamaica Queens New York, Taisha resides in North Carolina with her husband and family. The author of erotic and romantic suspense novels, she is currently signed with Rhysworld Publishing based in Atlanta Georgia. When she’s not creating complex characters or plotting her next book, she’s spending time with her many animals or in her favorite places in the world, the local bookstore or the public library. She can be reached at taishademay [at] gmail [dot] com.

Buy links

Love, Truth and Consequences book: 1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00YO9TASQ

Love, Truth and Consequences: Playing Dirty book: 2 https://amzn.com/1535430060




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! (And if you're having trouble commenting, try enabling third-party cookies in your browser...)