Thursday, February 7, 2013

Lisabet's February News

Coming Together In Vein cover
New and Upcoming Releases

Coming Together: In Vein, my charity vampire anthology, is now available in ebook and print, from a wide variety of booksellers. I want to thank my fellow authors, many of whom have kindly featured the book on their blogs to help me get the word out. As you probably know by now, every copy you buy goes to support the essential work of Doctors Without Borders. During February I plan to be doing more promotion for the book, including some giveaways. And speaking of free books, I will give a copy of my ebook short story collection Body Electric to anyone who buys In Vein and sends me a copy of the receipt. Two books for the price of one - what more could you want?

If you still need convincing, check out Nathan Burgoine's rave review of the book at Erotica Revealed. After mentioning stories he particularly enjoyed, he concludes:
Coming Together: In Vein was a very welcome surprise. None of the stories felt familiar or typical (some even crossed into speculative fiction territory) and it was a very welcome reminder that given the right authors, even something that feels as “done” as vampires can – pardon another pun – gain new life.

Since my last newsletter in December, I finished and submitted Rajasthani Moon. Furthermore, as you may already know from the whooping and hollering I've been doing on my blog, the book has been contracted by Total-E-Bound. This multi-genre opus (well, it's 52K words - is that long enough to be considered an opus?) will see VIP release in early May and general release the first week in June.

As you can see below, the cover is fantastic. It's a bit of a challenge to put together a set of images related to BDSM, werewolves, steampunk, Bollywood, ménage and Rubenesque in a single cover!

Here's the blurb:

Neither kink nor curse can stop a woman with a mission

Rajasthani Moon Cover Cecily Harrowsmith, secret agent extraordinaire, is a woman on a mission. When the remote Indian kingdom of Rajasthan refused to remit its taxes to the Empire, Her Majesty imposed an embargo. Deprived of the energy-rich mineral viridium, essential for modern technology and development, Rajasthan was expected to quickly give in and resume its payments. Yet after three years, the rebellious principality still has not knuckled under. Cecily undertakes the difficult journey to the rugged, arid land of the Rajputs to determine just how it has managed to survive, and if possible to convince the country to return to the Empire's embrace. Instead, she's taken captive by a brigand who turns out to be the ruler's half-brother Pratan and delivered into the hands of the sexy but sadistic Rajah Amir, who expertly mingles torture and delight in his interrogation of the voluptuous interloper.

Cursed before birth by Amir's jealous mother, Pratan changes to a ravening wolf whenever the moon is full. Cecily uncovers the counter-spell that can reverse the effects of the former queen's hex and tries to trade that information for her freedom. Drawn to the fierce wolf-man and sympathising with his suffering, she volunteers to serve as the sacrifice required by the ritual – offering her body to the beast. In return, the Rajah reveals Rajasthan's amazing secret source of energy. In the face of almost impossible odds, Cecily has accomplished the task entrusted to her by the Empire. But can she really bear to leave the virile half-brothers and their colourful land behind and return to constraints of her life in England?

Other News

To make up for having abandoned you last month, I have another brand new story for you, just in time for this month's festival of love. Old-Fashioned Valentine is a romantic BDSM tale about a woman whose master has a traditional streak.

If you're in the mood for more Valentine's stories, check out Ordinary Miracless, a M/M Valentine's erotic romance (X-rated) featuring the characters from Necessary Madness or The Origin of St. Valentine's Day, a erotic myth with a grain of historical truth.

Are you on Goodreads? I don't do Facebook, but I really enjoy hanging out and sharing information and opinions about books. Feel free to friend me there, or check out my reviews. Also, Total-E-Bound has established a new Goodreads group which you're very welcome to join. Members will be the first to hear about TEB releases and promotions, as well as getting the chance to chat with all our great authors.

Did you get your holiday gift from me? Back around the turn of the year, I was gave away free PDF books of two of my holiday stories, Last Minute Gift (M/M) and Silver Bells (M/F/M BDSM ménage), complete with covers designed by me. If you somehow missed out, just send me an email (lisabet -- at -- lisabetsarai.com) telling me which one you'd like, and I'll send it along.

Contests!
Congratulations to Pagan Lady, who won my December contest. I'm sending her an ebook copy of Nasty Business.

For my February contest, I'm offering a $25 Amazon gift certificate. Yes, that's a big prize, but I didn't have a contest in January (if you don't count all the giveaways on my blog!). What do you have to do to get in on the action? Send me an email at contest -- at -- lisabetsarai.com with the subject line "Favorite Book Contest". Let me know which of my books you've enjoyed the most, and why. (If you've never read anything by me, that's okay, you can tell me, and I'll still enter you in the contest!)

As usual, I'll announce the winner in my next newsletter.

Lisabet's Pick of the Month
 
My pick of the month for February is Elle Q. Sabine's web site. Her Misbegotten Misses series has a freshness that I really admire, and the covers are absolutely magnificent. Drop by and pay her a visit!

5 comments:

Juliet Waldron said...

Rajastani Moon has the sound of a great old fantasy novel with colorful characters and a far out setting brought up-to-date with an edge of danger eroticism. A great teaser!

Lisabet Sarai said...

Thanks, Juliet!

I have to admit that the book is not exactly serious...!

Thanks for dropping by.

hotcha12 said...

THANKS LISABET!!

helene said...

OH Ms .L , I got my copy of Quarantine and let me just say I adore it ,Dylan stole my heart and the mental hell Rafe went through just to find his real self had me yelling at him (yes I DID call him a idiota time or two ) LOL hey what can I say a fabolous book will do that to me . How do I enter your next contest and can I pay it forward ? :)

hotcha12 said...

OH NOW I WANT QUARANTINE!!

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! (And if you're having trouble commenting, try enabling third-party cookies in your browser...)