Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Weddings, Weddings Everywhere – Where’s A Groom For Me?

By Normandie Alleman (Guest Blogger)

When I first met Lisabet she was kind enough to send me a copy of her free read, Something Borrowed. It’s a sexy story of a lovely girl who has a tendency to get into mischief at weddings. I enjoyed the story immensely, and it got me to thinking – What is it about weddings that makes them crop up in so many romance stories?

Perhaps it’s obvious. A wedding is an event about love and commitment. That is tremendously romantic. You always see guys in movies trying to pick up women at weddings. The premise is that weddings make the single girl look around for a partner. Do weddings have this effect on you?

I have my share of memories inspired by weddings. My favorite involves a red dress and some handcuffs, but I digress. Weddings do bring out the romantic in us. We’re privy to a couple’s intimate pledge to spend the rest of their lives together. That’s hot! The bride and groom’s hope for the future is as contagious as a yawn on a crowded airplane.

A wedding is the backdrop for my new release from Total E-Bound, Venetian Love Knots. Allison flies to Venice to be in her best friend’s Valentine’s Day wedding. It sounds like a great vacation. The only catch is that her ex-boyfriend, Cole, is going to be the best man. For years Allison has been trying to put her past with the rodeo cowboy behind her. But the kind of passion they shared is hard to come by…

In Italy, Allison meets Nico, the handsome Italian cousin of the groom. And Cole is determined to win her back, setting Allison’s past and her future on a collision course. Which one will win her heart?

Here’s the blurb: 
 
Travelling to Venice to be the maid of honour in her best friend’s wedding sounds like a great vacation, and a romantic way to spend Valentine’s Day. But when Allison Fox discovers who the best man is, she is torn between duty and self-preservation.
It has taken Allison four years to put her tumultuous relationship with the rodeo cowboy behind her. A violent incident ripped them apart. Now Allison must find a way to face her past and find closure with her old flame. But will she be able to put the past behind her?
Cole is the Texas cowboy has never got over his love for Allison. But when he declares his love for her after all this time, is she strong enough to walk away from the intense passion they share?
For years Nico, a handsome Italian, was committed to nothing but his work. Nico never expected he would meet an American beauty who would awaken in him a desire to love again. Once he finds her, Nico vows to never let Allison go.
It will be a Valentine’s Day to remember, but who will win Allison’s heart?

Read an excerpt from Venetian Love Knots:
Upstairs, as they tumbled into his room, Cole warned her, “Allison, you are going to have to trust me tonight. Do you think you can do that?” 
 
Oh, yes!” she cried between his kisses, barely catching her breath.

Okay, then hold on just a minute, baby. Do you want anything to drink? Do you have to go to the bathroom?” he asked.

No, why?” she asked, her head clearing a little.

Because I am going to tie you up,” he said. Then he bit her lip, fondling one of her breasts. Abruptly, he walked away, leaving her standing, shocked.
Allison wasn’t sure she’d heard him correctly. She needed to sit down. Wait, maybe she did need to go to the bathroom. Yes, then she could sit down. And go to the bathroom. Tie her up? Was he serious?
Allison knew Cole, and he didn’t kid around about things like this. What was she going to do? Well, she would let him do it, of course. She let Cole do…anything? That was why he had said she would have to trust him. She did trust him. She trusted him not to hurt her. At least physically. Emotionally, now that was a different story…
Okay, she could do this. It might be fun.
Cole had returned with some white silky ropes and a rakish grin. He looked like he was really going to enjoy this. Maybe a little too much. How long had he been planning this? Did he do this all the time? Allison wasn’t brave enough to ask that last question.

Are you scared? You don’t need to be scared, babe. I promise I won’t hurt you.” He laughed. “Unless you want me to.”

For more information or to purchase Venetian Love Knots: http://www.total-e-bound.com/product.asp?strParents=&CAT_ID=&P_ID=2003

Author Bio:

A former psychologist, Normandie has always been fascinated by human behavior. She loves writing about quirky characters that are all too human. “I’m interested in the kind of relationships people have in real life. So I write about my characters’ messy, unpredictable, and inexplicable journeys to love.”

If there were another 5 hours in the day, Normandie would spend more time needle-pointing and playing with photography. Instead, she’s a Pinterest addict and sports junkie who loves Twitter and the color pink. She lives in the Southern US with a passel of children, her hunky husband, and pet pig, Petunia, who is crazy for Red Bull.

Visit Normandie on the web: http://www.normandiealleman.com

Leave a comment and tell us – What is your favorite memory of a wedding? (other than your own) Be it romantic or sexy…share it with us.

[And - since Normandie was kind enough to mention my story Something Borrowed - if you haven't read it and you'd like a PDF copy of your own, all you need to do tell me in a comment that includes your email address, and I'll send it along! ~ Lisabet]

11 comments:

Lisabet Sarai said...

Hi, Normandie,

Welcome to Beyond Romance and congratulations on the release of Venetian Love Knot!

Wedding stories - oh, I could tell a few! "Something Borrowed" indeed borrowed from some of my own experiences... But I'll resist the temptation and let readers share their tales.

I have been married for more than 30 years, btw. I never expected to wed at all - too many divorces in my family, so I figured why bother. I was so wrong!

Patti P said...

Congrats on the release! I was in a friends wedding once and they had a relative in from Canada who was very shy. No one could get him to participate in any conversations so the guys of the group told me to go talk to him since I could get a tree to talk. Really that is how they put it to me. Well within 5 minutes I had the guy talking and laughing. Needless to say I had a companion until he returned to Canada.
Musicalfrog at comcast dot net

Normandie Alleman said...

Thank you so much for hosting me today, Lisabet. I have so enjoyed getting to know you this year. One thing your readers should know is how kind and generous you are to new authors. Knowing I have your shoulder to lean on and you to come to when I have newbie questions really means the world to me. You're a true treasure in our industry.

Also, it sounds like you and your hubby were meant to be. That's fabulous, and terribly romantic.

Patti, I bet that guy was glad you reached out to him. :)

xo~
Normandie

Booksrforever123 said...

I was the holder of the book everyone signed at my cousin's wedding years ago and when asked if they should put their addresses down, I told people no, that the couple should have the addresses if they received an invitation. Boy did that cause problems. My cousin had to try to find addresses for everyone to send thank you notes out. I learned my lesson on that one and made sure that everyone put their address in my wedding book when I got married years and years later.

I would love a copy of your book too Lisabet. Thanks Carolyn

Tameka said...

I've so loved all your contest Lisabet and I would to read a copy of your book Something Borrowed.
rasco630@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Favorite memory from a wedding was when I first met my husband and he asked me to go away for a weekend to one of his friends weddings. The wedding was in the middle of nowhere where there is just forest that goes on forever. There is one hotel where the wedding was at. We arrived and my husband went to the front desk to get something I had forgotten. The power went out in the hotel and I was so freaking scared but my husband (boyfriend at the time) maneuvered his way up to our room and I was saved. True story! It doesn't hurt that he is a professional firefighter so he has the training to go into a building in the dark. I knew that night that he was the one for me!!!
I would also love a copy of Something Borrowed Lisabet.

Unknown said...

Also, adding Venetian Love Knots to my TBR list because it sounds irresistible!

Unknown said...

I forgot to leave my email sbereza22(at)gmail(dot)com

Lisabet Sarai said...

Hi, Carolyn,

Please email me or leave another comment with your email address! Thanks!

Unknown said...

Firefighters are so sexy, Shannon! That's awesome. And thanks for the sweet words about Venetian Love Knots. :)

Happy Valentine's Day!

Patricia K said...

WOULD LOVE TO READ SOMETHING BORROWED. YOUR BOOKS ARE SO GOOD
horseunicornkey@aol.com

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! (And if you're having trouble commenting, try enabling third-party cookies in your browser...)