Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Help! I'm Drowning!

Not literally, of course, but every time I think I'm getting on top of my workload and have a bit of extra time to devote to my writing, something ELSE gets piled on!

I don't mean to complain. I really love my job, and as I've said before, I don't think I could write for a living. The pressure would dry up whatever fount of creativity I possess. Still I wouldn't mind having a little more time to work on my new novel...

Yes, you read that right. I'm 8K into a novel-length sequel to Her Secret Ingredient, my sexy short that comes out next Friday. I can't say anything more now (it's a secret... ) except that it's contemporary BDSM menage, and it's going to be even more fun than the short that inspired it.

I'm aiming to finish by year end - or the end of January at very latest. Don't ask me how.

I'll do it. I know I will. Meanwhile, I'm treading water, looking longingly at the shore.

3 comments:

Annabeth Leong said...

Best of luck!

Lisabet Sarai said...

Thanks, Annabeth! I'm sure I'll manage. One nice thing about having your own blog is that you can kvetch when you feel like it.

Kate Deveaux said...

Thanks for sharing, I know the feeling and wish you all the best with the sequel which I know will be terrific!

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! (And if you're having trouble commenting, try enabling third-party cookies in your browser...)